Friday, April 6, 2012

A Dream with Brad Pitt



 I was alone in my kitchen.   I was a younger girl still living with my parents, but they weren’t home.  As I worked over the sink, everything seemed to shift and then fall apart.  Then, suddenly the dishwasher fell through the floor into the basement. 

Suddenly, I was outside, looking and feeling wretched, when Brad Pitt and a friend (who was also a cute/handsome blond fellow) ambled over and began to hang out with me.  I showed them the destruction and they didn’t offer to help, but rather wanted to have fun.

My parents came home.  My father had had some kind of surgery, but he was nonetheless full of energy.  I showed him the mess and he immediately began to “fix up” the basement.  Outside of this dream, my father is someone who can never live with the ways things are, always rearranging rooms and furniture to make them better.

Brad and the blond fellow found him amusing.  He made a large tableau out of the junk and placed it in the yard facing the neighbors house.  “Hey (some name I can’t remember), how do you like this?The neighbor and his family were in their yard celebrating their son’s bar mitzvah.  All were in clown like, bright costumes. 

I showed my father how their basement was arranged since the door was open and we could see inside.  In a secretive manner, my father said that it was arranged as a bedroom since someone was living down there, seeming to indicate that there was divorce or some family problem.

I cavorted with Pitt and his friend, but Brad and I were falling in love.  I remarked at how amazing it was to me that he should find me.  I said that I’d always loved him but I’d never, in my wildest dreams (how ironic) thought I’d meet him, much less be in love with him.  We caressed and kissed.  I also made a point of saying that I thought his friend was very attractive and that I’d be attracted to him if Brad were not around.

Brad told me that in order to meet him, one had only to give him a business card.  So, as joke, I gave him my business card.  We laughed. 

There was some disturbance with people yelling at us and telling us to be quiet.  He yelled back, “Hey, don’t you know who I am?  I’m Brad Pitt.”  Then, I yelled, “and don’t you know that I’m Paula Maliandi, Executive Director of Marketing?”  (That’s what I said, though that never was and is not my current title.)

We all seemed to be bored and looking for something to do.   Brad and his friend were used to a much higher level of amenities than I could provide – my TV was old fashioned etc.  Suddenly I realized that my father had reorganized all my CDs in what seemed to be the frame of the old dishwasher.  This was no surprise to me since my father has always been obsessed with adaptive reuse, even when the reuse is illogical.  So the CDS were stacked horizontally going deep into the back of the dishwasher where the titles could not be seen.  I remarked at how typical that was of my father.

After that, the dream fades.  I wake up.  Brad goes away.  I am no longer a young girl living with my parents.

No comments: